Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baby BLUE eyes - SketchyThursdays + Paula's Bling It

I've been totally inspired by those layouts with huge white spaces and tons of bold color with single photo focus points --- so that's what I've chosen to strive for with this week's Sketchy Thursdays!! (Plus it had been a while since I did a nice big layout!)

I'm also going to enter it into Paula's "Bling It' Challenge!

I did lots of artsy farsty stuff on this layout -- MY FAVE! Splattering and Dobbing with TH/Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in espresso. I also Crackled my BRAND NEW TH mini birdcage shaper and mover die laying down first espresso, then crackle, then snow cap, then crackle and finally espresso again!



I also made sure to stamp with the espresso dobber!! Thanks to AMBER for helping me obtain some of these beauties!!



Used: Fancy Pants stamp, TH Shaper and Mover mini bird and cage die, Adirondack Dobbers in Snow cap and espresso, a prismacolor marker in mediterranean blue, some random paper and a Making Memories frame!

<3 DeeDee

9 comments:

  1. Great layout - love how the colours just seem to burst from the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dynamic layout!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! So powerful! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! Love the Gabester... Thanks for taking my Bling It Up challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYY WOW DeeDee! This is AMAZING! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that photo and the way you did the paint! Thanks soooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are SO welcome! anything to enable. :) love the blue in this LO....plus, he's an adorable subject!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so nice, I love the picture and the way you did this style makes me jealous. Every time I try something like it it looks messy and not artistic at all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning layout, Dee Dee. I just love your work.

    ReplyDelete