Tuesday, March 6, 2012

VLVS! Tryout - Whimsical!


It's that time again!

Here I am trying out for VLVS! I've had a great year with them and am very honored that I was able to serve a 2nd term, if I don't make it this time, It's because VLVS! has AMAZING fans who do AMAZING work!

I love the vast variety of VLVS! images, the miracle tape and the ultra thick EP.. I will FOREVER be a fan, if not a DT member ♥ And here is a GIANT shout out to the wonderful team that is currently supporting and promoting VLVS! -- Their work is so wonderful and has inspired my post for the tryout today! 



Check out Viva Las Vegastamps! HERE --- and visit the blog HERE for new posts from the DT Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays!

and without further ado.. Here is my project (it's taken a whimsical sort of fun turn from my usual stamping ways) :




I had so much fun with this Umbrella Man (2.5x3.5) -- he was so whimsical and begging for color.. which I answered with Prisma Color markers Deco Blue, Cool Gray 60%, and Yellowed Orange. After, of course I stamped him with Memento tuxedo black ink on Kromecote cardstock - the combination of two gave me such a crisp clean image.. WONDERFUL! 

I then adhered some Basic Grey paper to a recycled kraft base with Miracle Tape, gave it a little distress ink.. and glued my man down! Add a bit of doodling with a white pen and VIOLA. A fun scene, simple yet graphic and fun card to send to a close friend! 

2 comments:

  1. fun project.. thanks so much for applying to be apart of the viva Las Vegastamps Design Team again. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute Deedee. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete