Thursday, April 10, 2014

King Parrots by Manda

Hi everyone, Manda here today and I am sharing a layout I made based on this month's sketch challenge.
I have recently started hanging seed bells in our yard to attract native birds and last week I was lucky enough to catch two beautiful King Parrots in the act of nibbling at one. I really love how the photo came out so I decided it would be great as a large feature photo like the one used in the sketch. 
Because of the bright colours of the birds I wanted to use a neutral paper as a base and add some some pops of colour so the photo was the main focus. I started with a pop of red Color Shine and then I used the Star Confetti Mask to add some subtle patterns around two corners of the photo and added the Star Confetti to give it some dimension.
I also added a piece of the Everyday Speech Bubbles which was a fun touch.
To balance out the speech bubble I added a piece of the Layered Arrows and of course the layout wouldn't be complete without some flair and I added a piece from my favourite - Mustard 29 Flair.

So now you have seen how I have used the sketch head over to THIS POST to play along and share your take. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day!

Supplies:
Star Confetti Mask
Star Confetti
Everyday Speech Bubbles
Layered Arrows
Mustard 29 Flair.

No comments:

Post a Comment