Friday, January 9, 2015

Guest CT Member >> Mallika Bagaria!

Today we welcome the talented Mallika Bagaria to our blog for a special Guest Post :)

My name is Mallika Kejriwal. I am from India and I just moved to Chicago. I have loved colors, threads, ribbons and such since the age of 5 – I remember making pretty clothes for my dolls as a little girl.As I grew up, I engrossed myself in studies and forgot about my creative side. It was during my junior year of engineering (I am a computer science graduate), that I started making cards using newspapers, old scraps of paper etc. I stumbled upon a card making blog and was simply amazed by the amount of glamor that could be associated with a piece of paper. I started my own blog – Aola Handmade Cards – after undergrad and have not looked back since.I love teaching and inspiring via my Youtube Channel. Crafting is now not just a passion for me, it’s also an addiction! I hope to inspire you all with wonderful ideas and projects.


I am extremely honoured to be chosen as Guest Designer for UmWowStudio. Thankyou so much DeeDee for giving me this wonderful opportunity. I decided to do justice to UmWowStudio product by making a mixed media project. The chipboard pieces of this company was to die for. I wonder how much talent DeeDee Catron has for coming up with such amazing and versatile products. This whole project has alot of mediums and techniques used which you all can see very easily in this how to start to finish video which I have prepared for all you talented crafters.



Please click here to go straight to the video which shows the whole process.

Products Used from UmWowStudio - 
Distressed Harlequin Background
Heart Strings

Other Supplies Used - 
Prima Color Bloom Sprays, Prima Embellishments, Prima Flowers, Recollection Flowers, Tim Holtz Gears, Prima Tags - Seashore Collection 


2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful project - thank you for sharing the video! I enjoyed watching the process

    ReplyDelete