Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Who'll Stop the Rain? By Sindi Jeffers

Hi everyone! I’m just stopping by to share a quick tutorial and layout. I have had so much since joining this team. I’ve loved playing with the chipboard and I’ve learned lots of new ways to alter it. For this layout, I used a super simple technique to alter a few pieces. Although it was simple, I love the effect it created.


This layout was inspired after we went to a Cincinatti Reds game last week. I must have checked the weather a billion times, and I swear I didn’t see rain coming from anywhere. Of course, we wound up sitting through an hour-long rain delay. Just my luck! I wanted the clouds and rain drops on this layout to have a watery look. Here’s how I achieved that:

First, I covered my chipboard with a layer of white gesso.


Next, I covered the chipboard with blue india ink. I like to cover it with ink and then dab with a paper towel before it dries. It gives it a texturized look.


The next step is to drip a bit of white paint on there. I used white acrylic paint that I thinned down with some water. I just sort of slung it on there.



Super easy!



UmWowStudio Products Used:

1 comment: